Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dark Purpley Goodness

Whenever I think of cheap wines, Portugal immediately comes to mind-and I don't say that disparingingly. I think most wine lovers would agree that this country is producing some of the highest quality, most affordable wines out there right now. For instance, the 2006 Barco Negro from Domaines Francois Lurton, is a terrific bottling from the always-exciting Douro region. This is a medium-bodied wine, with mind tannins and dark cherry flavors. I think its structure is balanced enough to pair well with short ribs or even a homespun meal like shepherd's pie. Best of all, I shelled out less than $10 for this wine at Cost Plus World Market. However, it won't take long for prices like this to become a thing of the past, as Portugese producers and their creations become more appreciated and well known here in this country. In other words, drink these wines now, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici
    - cliquez ici

    my web page: cliquez ici, corvalryan.com,

    ReplyDelete