Saturday, March 10, 2012

Midday Meal Provides 'Green' Goodness

I'm an avowed meat lover, so I was shocked at just how much I enjoyed Trio Restaurant's stacked veggie burger at a recent lunch there.
This delightful creation consists of roasted red pepper and portobello, eggplant, caramelized onion, basil pesto and goat cheese, all served on an brioche bun with a side of chips.
The burger was so delicious, it has tempted me to give up my carniverous ways, if only at lunchtime repasts such as this. The warm goat cheese and sweetly grilled veggies paired perfectly with a vanilla-inflected berry-filled Trinity Oaks Pinot, one of Trio's house wines, and served for $3 a glass at lunchtime.
Besides the fact that Trinity tastes great for the price point, the winery plants a tree for each bottle sold. Now that's a green meal if I've ever eaten one.
 
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/VinoChick75

1 comment:

  1. The unofficially guide book for Coachella 2012 is offered by Smashwords at: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/151795. I would love to attend at Coachella 2012!

    ReplyDelete