Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gettin' My Game on at 2012 Palm Desert Food & Wine Fest

A little Rose...
 A few cooking demos...
Celebrated chefs like Mark Peel of L.A.'s vaunted Campanile showcasing innovative cuisine...
The 2012 Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival had it all, colorful pours included. 
I thought I'd died and gone to carnivor heaven when I discovered this little gem, easily my favorite that day...venison neck croquette with huckleberry mustard, cocoa coffee crumble, pickled Fresno chiles, and crispy shallot.
I paired this meat-lovers small bite with a 2009 Hall Cabernet. Big fruit and even bigger tannins tamed the game...and made me want to take up hunting...especially after I met the culinary brain responsible for this delectable creation; Chris Crary, Chef de Cuisine of Whist Resuarant inside the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica. He's got game, for sure!
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/VinoChick75

2 comments:

  1. Lots of wine, lots of friends... A fun afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a day of great fun! You look great, BTW! You needed your own booth too, Vino Chick! Cheers, Ashleigh & Tiffani, The Drinking Girls

    ReplyDelete