Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Beefing Up

I have an unabashed love for burgers, which I enjoy pairing with yummy reds from time to time. On a recent weekday evening, I ordered takeout and enjoyed a juicy patty with cheese and grilled onions (fries dipped in white truffle oil at home) from a popular local New York-style deli here in the desert.
In between bites of yummy beef, I sipped on a glass of Reserve de L'Aube, a hefty and smoky French Syrah-Merlot blend. The wine was young, but had enough earth funk to cut through the iron-rich beef.
For a sweet treat to complete this carniverous feast, I nibbled on a piece of Wild Ophelia brand Beef Jerky milk chocolate bar. The hint of campfire in the cocoa was just enough to bring out a bit of the wine's dark fruit and tobacco...a perfect ending to a decadent dining experience.
Follow me on Twitter:

2 comments:

  1. where did you find this wine? i had it at a restaurant and cant find it in any stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find this wine? i had it at a restaurant and cant find it in any stores

    ReplyDelete