Thursday, February 16, 2012

Crabby Thursday

Okay, so I wasn't in the greatest of midweek moods. It happens. But sometimes, even the crabbiest of moods can inspire equally crabby creations.
Take my crab and clam sautee, for instance. Briny, fruit of the sea simmered in olive oil, butter, garlic, shallots, and white wine, dusted with traces of cayenne pepper, cracked peppercorn, and a touch of artisan vanilla salt.
 
You know what? Seafood pasta, especially with crab, is superb with a crisp, clean Viognier. Well, I just so happened to stumble upon an excellent Australian version named...of all things...The Hermit Crab!!! If this wasn't culinary kismet at work, folks...I just don't know what is.

This wine has a citrusy and acidic flair to it, perfect with the lemon zest that topped my corn pasta (gluten free for those of you who choose an alternative to traditional pasta) creation, which I finished off with shredded, aromatic fresh mint and a dab of truffle oil.
 Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/VinoChick75

4 comments:

  1. How perfect is that pairing??? Looks like it all worked out! Cheers, Ashleigh & Tiffani, The Drinking Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicky! Awesome blog. It's very nice and polite... mine is the opposite. Check it out!

    http://corksbottlesbrokenglass.blogspot.com/2012/02/five-things-that-keep-me-up-at-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog too, Jordan! Cheers! Overpriced wine and shitty wine keys DO suck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think I'll be making friends with this one, but fuck it. I have enough friends. Can't wait to read your next entry! I'm going to be drunk enough to try your crabby goodness on Thursday. Wish me luck, with my skills I burn water...

      Delete