Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Boomey and the Lady Almost Lost

I have done more than my fair share of dumb things in this lifetime..but dropping my iPod Nano in the pool the other night and rendering it senseless is way up there on the list. 
After much wailing and gnashing of teeth (thousands of really awesome songs were at stake) I was inundated with advice on how to remedy the catastrophe: shake the device a few times...turn it on and off...stick it in a bag of rice to absorb the moisture...I was even instructed to recite aloud a short tribute to the country that manufactured my musical toy (my warranty was printed in China, so I started there).
 I'm sure at this point you're wondering what any of this has to do with wine...well you see...wine is a celebratory liquid, one that is shared in good times and in bad...and this was bad...as I lamented the loss of this musical treasure trove, I popped open a 2006 Shiraz from South Australia called Little Boomey...and as flavors of dark plum and spicy black cherry washed over my tongue, something amazing happened...
I could have sworn I heard a sputtering gasp...and then...she was back! The familiar sounds of Derek and the Dominos washed over me like a warm tide of gladness...and with Little Boomey in my belly and a song in my heart, I felt alive again...so I dedicated this little ditty, courtesy of Kenny Rogers, to My Lady...the iPod Nano I thought I'd lost forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJwdrsEhz70

Oh, it was the rice by the way...apparently it works like a charm every time...
 Follow me on Twitter @VinoChick75 and at mydesert.com/vinochick.

No comments:

Post a Comment