Monday, August 2, 2010

Luck Be a Full Tummy of Smoky Perfection

It is Vino Chick's humble opinion that not much else compares to the succulence of slow-smoked cuisine. Even better when that fall-off-the-bone goodness is joined by some great wines.
Lucky's Cook House in Palm Desert offers delectable selections of cured, spiced and smoked meats and seafood with the vino to match. A crisp and peachy Inman Pinot Gris enjoyed with down-home bites of fried pickles just might be my favorite summer pairing. This Russian River gem was also perfect with Lucky's smoky crab cakes, with the mingling of sweet crab meat and melony vino tantalizing on the tongue.
Where there's smoke, there's fire, which aptly describes the one-two punch of a Maple bourbon-cured and grilled pork chop I enjoyed with 2004 Shafer Relentless, a maddeningly delightful Syrah that nearly tricked me into thinking someone had poured me a glass of blackberry pie. Shafer is surely one of my favorites, and it was hard for me to wipe the smile off my face as I devoured Lucky's campfire-inspired  baked beans, the best I have ever tasted.
So when I wanna get my smoke on, an urge that hits me pretty often, this is where I will go...where there is already a bottle Relentlessly calling my name.
Follow me on Twitter @VinoChick75 and at mydesert.com/vinochick.

Special thanks to:
Lucky's Cook House
36902 Cook Street at Gerald Ford
Palm Desert
760-610-6817

1 comment:

  1. Your take on how the smoky and spicy food taste and how it is paired with wines is mouthwatering! I cannot wait to try that kind of combination with my pairings! By the way, I would like to ask something about your blog, is there a way I can email you? I hope I can hear from you soon! If you have the time, you can also email me at: AprilY@GrottoCellars.com

    ReplyDelete